Snooker world rankings 2009/2010: The professional world rankings for all the professional snooker players in the 2008/2009 season who qualified for the 2009/2010 season are listed below. The points listed here take into account the Snooker world ranking points 2007/2008 and Snooker world ranking points 2008/2009.
- Former World #1 Mark Williams returns to the top 16, but no new players attain this ranking.
- The player to drop out the top 16 is Graeme Dott (a member of the top 16 for 7 consecutive seasons).
- Players to reach career high rankings within the top 16 are: Allister Carter No.5, Ryan Day No.6, Marco Fu No.8 and Mark Allen No.11.
- Three new players reach the top 32: Ricky Walden, Liang Wenbo and Judd Trump. Two players return to the top 32: Michael Holt at No.24 and Gerard Greene at No.32. Five players drop out: Anthony Hamilton, Dominic Dale, Ian McCulloch, Michael Judge and Ken Doherty to 33rd, 34th, 35th, 36th and 44th place respectively.
- Chris Turner's Snooker Archive: World Rankings (2000/2001 - 2009/2010)
- WWW Snooker: World Rankings 2009/2010